Make your mark on Israeli and Palestinian societies by joining the close-knit team at Tech2Peace.
Chief Programming Officer
Tech2Peace Chief Programming Officer Job Description
Tech2Peace is a joint Israeli-Palestinian NGO working with Palestinians and Israelis, to blend technology/entrepreneurship training, conflict dialogue, and social activities, along with continued community-building events post-seminar.
Tech2Peace aims to help create the foundations for peace by building and training a cooperative community of diverse young Palestinian and Israeli leaders who influence their societies and establish lasting social and professional collaborations involving technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Founded in 2017, Tech2Peace has hundreds of beneficiaries from diverse backgrounds and ideologies that continue to engage in a vibrant alumni community.
Make your mark on Israeli and Palestinian societies by joining the close-knit team at Tech2Peace as the Chief Programming Officer. Tech2Peace is uniquely situated on the intersection between entrepreneurship and community building, providing the tools for successful social change.
As Chief Programming Officer, you will build the operational programming plan, based on the organization’s annual strategy, foster one-on-one relationships with participants and alumni, coordinate community events, and help inspire participants and alumni to make a commitment to lasting social and professional collaborations. Along with the Tech2Peace team, you will expand our participation numbers, alumni involvement and professional development oerings, through creative programming and meaningful relationships. You’ll wake up each day (or at least most) and be genuinely excited to create an inviting environment that inspires participants and alumni to explore, experience, and create vibrant connections. This is so much more than your average 9-to-5.
What You’ll Do
● Create a robust alumni program, which will oer a wide variety of opportunities and types of engagement to our growing community, and become one of the chief reasons people want to join our community, because of our prestigious and amazing alumni program.
● Develop an annual programming plan, based on the organization’s annual strategy, to ensure goal achievements and KPI’s.
● Manage and execute all content aspects of the organization from soup to nuts, including but not limited to program development, event management and execution as well as programming on the ground.
● Meet with participants and alumni one-on-one from different cohorts and demographics to engage and identify their interests, as well as connect to leadership opportunities, and help create and facilitate complimentary programming.
● Represent the organization and its values with its participants and alumni, to create and foster a vibrant community, which will create a modeling structure in their respective communities.
● Facilitate connections among participants and alumni with similar interests in order to build communities based on personal relationships.
● Promote, recruit, and staff Tech2Peace seminars and programs
● In charge of the Alumni Program, developing an efficient platform for
communicating with and managing the community and managing local
communities and professional sub-communities.
● Foster alumni leadership and encourage and guide them through the
program planning process and execution, as well as develop programming
geared towards their interests and growth.
● Develop and manage the organizational programming budget, in
collaboration with the COO and CEO.
● Lead on program recruitment efforts and program development.
● Lead on program evaluation and metrics and maintain records of events and
attendance for measurement and ongoing evaluation.
● Take part in the Tech2Peace staff meetings and other organizational support
to meet the organization’s annual goals.
● This position Reports to Tech2Peace CEO and manages the Tech2Peace community coordinators as well as the alumni forum and local community managers - a team of ~10 alumni volunteers who carry dierent roles in the organization.
● Works closely with Tech2Peace strategic partners’ representatives.
● Works with external service providers for coordination of logistics and
content for events.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
● Bachelor’s degree (required)
● 7-10 years professional work experience (preferred)
● Strong entrepreneurial spirit. Things may not always go according to plan
and you must be willing to take risks and learn your wins as well as your
● Experience working in a multinational environment, specifically with
Palestinians and Israelis.
● Proven experience managing budgets and program experience as well as
management of events and productions soup to nuts.
● Proven experience in a technology-related or entrepreneurship program.
● Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions.
● Ability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Tech2Peace.
● Belief that our work isn’t done until every person is connected to the
Tech2Peace vision and that the community is thriving.
● Creative problem-solving.
● Excitement to continue developing your own relationship to the mission and
● Fluency in English (Hebrew/Arabic preferred)
Flexible. Can work mostly from home; some travel is required in Israel (mostly Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv) and Area C in the West Bank.
The position is a full-time job with changing workloads throughout the year. Standard work hours, with the need to participate occasionally in evening meetings, events, or phone calls in irregular hours given the nature of the program.
During alumni activities, full availability is required, including 24/7 presence in the activities locations (3 two week seminars and usually long weekend or one-day activities).